Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 12 mph
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Newton Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting Sys (KEWK)
Lat: 38.05°N Lon: 97.29°W Elev: 1532ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. South southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph becoming north northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of rain before 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Windy, with a north wind 32 to 37 mph decreasing to 22 to 27 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 61.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE