Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.52 in (1001.2 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Bedford, Hanscom Field (KBED)
Lat: 42.47°N Lon: 71.29°W Elev: 133ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain or freezing rain before 3am, then freezing rain and sleet between 3am and 4am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4am. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 1am. Low around 16. Northeast wind 8 to 15 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Southwest wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Middlesex County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE