Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 14 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18°N Lon: 84.9°W Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Low around 47. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain showers before 2pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 51. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE