Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.37 in (1029.5 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 36. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as 5. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 9. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE