Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 27. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain before 1am, then rain and snow likely. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE