Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 14 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.10 in
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Farmington Airport (KFAM)
Lat: 37.76 Lon: -90.43 Elev: 899ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Occasional freezing rain and sleet, mainly after 11am. High near 33. North wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Occasional snow and sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 20. North wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Occasional snow. High near 27. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 24. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE