Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer29.95 in
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Manistee County-Blacker Airport (KMBL)
Lat: 44.28°N Lon: 86.25°W Elev: 620ft.
Free Soil MI
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 16. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -13. North wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -4. Light south wind becoming south southwest 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind around 15 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mason County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE