Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 3 mph
- Barometer29.99 in
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Galesburg Municipal Airport (KGBG)
Lat: 40.94 Lon: -90.43 Elev: 764ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. East southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 24. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. North northwest wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. West northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. West northwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE