Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1033.6 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Galveston, Scholes Field (KGLS)
Lat: 29.27 Lon: -94.87 Elev: 6ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 55. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. East wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 63. East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday Night Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Breezy.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 49.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 65.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Galveston County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE