Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.67 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Rantoul Natl Avn Cntr-Frank Elliot Field Airport (KTIP)
Lat: 40.29°N Lon: 88.14°W Elev: 738ft.
Gibson City IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Rain before 1am, then rain and snow between 1am and 4am, then snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. Windy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow before 7am, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow between 7am and 10am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 22 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. North wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ford County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE