Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain
- Wind SpeedE 9 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1024.2 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Paducah, Barkley Regional Airport (KPAH)
Lat: 37.07 Lon: -88.77 Elev: 407ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then a chance of freezing drizzle. High near 34. East northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight A chance of freezing drizzle before 9pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Light and variable wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 30. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. South wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marshall County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE