Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 14 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1028.1 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93 Lon: -88.25 Elev: 758ft.
Glen Ellyn IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 19. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light southwest after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East northeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for DuPage County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE