Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1029.2 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 20. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -2. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE