Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1017.9 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11°N Lon: 87.9°W Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 42. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before midnight, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 31. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE