Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedVrbl 5 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.5 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Seymour-Johnson Air Force Base (KGSB)
Lat: 35.34 Lon: -77.97 Elev: 82ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Saturday A chance of rain between 8am and 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 61. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE