Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1038.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-9°F (-23°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Island, Central Nebraska Regional Airport (KGRI)
Lat: 40.98 Lon: -98.32 Elev: 1860ft.
Grand Island NE
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -6. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 15. Wind chill values between -7 and -17. Light east wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 5. Wind chill values between -3 and -11. Southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 15. Wind chill values between -1 and -11. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hall County, NE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE