Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1034.0 mb)
- Dewpoint-17°F (-27°C)
Current conditions at
The Bay of Grand Marais (KGNA)
Lat: 47.75 Lon: -90.34 Elev: 610ft.
Grand Portage MN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after noon. High near 15. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. West wind around 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 10. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Monday A slight chance of snow before noon, then a chance for flurries. Cloudy, with a high near 11. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Night Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 8. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 10.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Friday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Cook/North Shore, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE