Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 17 G 26 mph
- Barometer30.46 in (1034.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-15°F (-26°C)
- Wind Chill-28°F (-33°C)
Current conditions at
The Bay of Grand Marais (KGNA)
Lat: 47.75 Lon: -90.34 Elev: 610ft.
Grand Portage MN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. Wind chill values between -15 and -25. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow, mainly after 2pm. High near 15. West wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Snow. Low around 10. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 15. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 9.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Wednesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Cook/North Shore, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE