Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 21 G 28 mph
- Barometer29.77 in (1008.9 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford International Airport (KGRR)
Lat: 42.89°N Lon: 85.52°W Elev: 793ft.
Grand Rapids MI
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow before 2pm, then a slight chance of snow after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. North wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -1. North northwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -6. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 42. South southwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kent County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE