Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.27 in (991.2 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Newark Heath Airport (KVTA)
Lat: 40.02°N Lon: 82.46°W Elev: 883ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. Windy, with a north wind 14 to 19 mph increasing to 23 to 28 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. South wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 20 mph.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 11am, then a slight chance of rain between 11am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Licking County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE