Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer30.50 in (1034.1 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark Heath Airport (KVTA)
Lat: 40.02 Lon: -82.46 Elev: 883ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Light northeast wind.
- Sunday Snow before 5pm, then snow and sleet. High near 30. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 3am, then rain. Low around 30. East wind around 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 10am, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet between 10am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers between noon and 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Licking County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE