Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 15 G 26 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1022.7 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / Waukegan, Waukegan Regional Airport (KUGN)
Lat: 42.42°N Lon: 87.87°W Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 31. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as 1. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. West southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE