Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 mph
- Barometer30.57 in
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-2°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Great Bend Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KGBD)
Lat: 38.34 Lon: -98.86 Elev: 1886ft.
Great Bend KS
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -3. East southeast wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Southeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. South southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barton County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE