Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer30.57 in
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.65 Lon: -88.97 Elev: 571ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 28. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Occasional freezing rain and sleet before midnight, then occasional snow and sleet. Low around 29. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bond County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE