Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Cox Dayton International Airport (KDAY)
Lat: 39.91 Lon: -84.2 Elev: 1027ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. High near 28. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 14. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow before 3pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 3pm and 5pm, then snow and freezing rain after 5pm. High near 28. East wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 10pm, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Darke County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE