Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1005.0 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Detroit City Airport (KDET)
Lat: 42.4°N Lon: 83.02°W Elev: 625ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Steady temperature around 32. North northeast wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow with areas of blowing snow before 3pm, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 18 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow showers before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -6. North northwest wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -9. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Breezy.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE