Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.9 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Detroit City Airport (KDET)
Lat: 42.4 Lon: -83.02 Elev: 625ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. West northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. West northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Light east northeast wind becoming east 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Breezy.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Breezy.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE