Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.9 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Chatham Municipal Airport (KCQX)
Lat: 41.7 Lon: -69.99 Elev: 62ft.
Harwich Center MA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. West wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 10 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Rain, possibly mixed with snow, mainly after noon. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 10pm, then rain. Low around 31. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barnstable County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE