Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 6 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
SOLDIER MTN (SDRC1)
Lat: 40.926781 Lon: -121.584325 Elev: 3704ft.
12 Miles ESE Burney CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 35. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 17. Light and variable wind.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 33. Light southwest wind becoming west southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 20. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE