Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 6 mph
- Barometer29.76 in (1008.3 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (KICT)
Lat: 37.66 Lon: -97.43 Elev: 1320ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 48. South wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain or freezing drizzle before 2am, then a slight chance of freezing drizzle between 2am and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. South southeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 52. West southwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Friday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sedgwick County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE