Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 13 mph
- Barometer29.75 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Thief River Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KTVF)
Lat: 48.08 Lon: -96.18 Elev: 1115ft.
7 Miles S Goodridge MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow with patchy blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 17. North northeast wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow with patchy blowing snow before midnight, then snow likely with patchy blowing snow between midnight and 2am, then patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow after 2am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -19. Breezy, with a north wind 17 to 22 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -22. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -23. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 0. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -21.
- Saturday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -6.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 3.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -5.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pennington County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE