Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1020.6 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Campbell U. S. Army Airfield (KHOP)
Lat: 36.67 Lon: -87.5 Elev: 561ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before 3pm, then snow and sleet. The freezing rain and snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 28 by 5pm. North wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.5 to 0.7 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight A 50 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. North wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain. High near 37. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Calm wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Christian County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE