Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Hancock, Houghton County Memorial Airport (KCMX)
Lat: 47.18°N Lon: 88.5°W Elev: 1074ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values between -5 and zero. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -5. Wind chill values between -5 and -10. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow between noon and 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. South wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 31. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Houghton County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE