Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1030.6 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Huntington, Tri-State Airport (KHTS)
Lat: 38.38 Lon: -82.55 Elev: 830ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 33. North wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Snow and sleet before 11am, then sleet between 11am and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. High near 37. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 37. Southeast wind around 7 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 42. West wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Clear, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cabell County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE