Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.5 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cahokia / St. Louis, St. Louis Downtown Airport (KCPS)
Lat: 38.58 Lon: -90.15 Elev: 413ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 26. Southwest wind 7 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of snow before noon, then snow and freezing rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE