Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 24 G 36 mph
- Barometer29.59 in (1002.4 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73°N Lon: 86.27°W Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow with areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then snow likely between 1pm and 2pm, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 2pm. Temperature falling to around 29 by 3pm. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain before 9am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE