Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.71 in
- Dewpoint-10°F (-23°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
South St. Paul Municipal-Richard E (KSGS)
Lat: 44.85 Lon: -93.15 Elev: 820ft.
Inver Grove Heights MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny and cold, with a high near 2. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 5am. Temperature falling to near -8 by 9pm, then rising to around 2 during the remainder of the night. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 13. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 2. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 8. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 4. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. South southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dakota County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE