Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.75 in (1008.0 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63°N Lon: 91.54°W Elev: 650ft.
Iowa City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE