Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.60 in (1037.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-10°F (-23°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
Iowa City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -11. Wind chill values as low as -25. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -25. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE