Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.70 in (1041.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
Iowa City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -15. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday Snow. High near 24. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE