Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer29.65 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill47°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Jamestown Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KJHW)
Lat: 42.16°N Lon: 79.25°W Elev: 1722ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, mainly after midnight. Low around 32. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain, snow, and sleet before 7am, then snow and sleet between 7am and 9am, then snow after 9am. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 17 by 5pm. Breezy, with a northeast wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 6 to 9 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Snow with widespread blowing snow before midnight, then snow likely between midnight and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -15. North wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -15. Northwest wind 10 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Southwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chautauqua County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE