Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.87 in (1012.2 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Morrisville-Stowe State Airport (KMVL)
Lat: 44.53 Lon: -72.61 Elev: 732ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph after midnight. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet. High near 34. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Low around 23. South wind around 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lamoille County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE