Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.68 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Greater Kankakee Airport (KIKK)
Lat: 41.07°N Lon: 87.85°W Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Light east northeast wind becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Rain likely before 10pm, then rain and snow between 10pm and 1am, then snow after 1am. Low around 26. Windy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely with areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow after 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kankakee County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE