Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.82 in
- Dewpoint52°F (11°C)
- Visibility0.25 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 29.98 Lon: -99.08 Elev: 1617ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog before 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east northeast.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 44 by 5pm. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Rain likely before 3am, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain before 8pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 26. North northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of freezing drizzle and sleet before 11am, then a chance of drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 36. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 29. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light east southeast after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kerr County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE