Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1035.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-11°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Lafayette, Purdue University Airport (KLAF)
Lat: 40.43 Lon: -86.93 Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -4. Southwest wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. South southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 7pm. Low around 25. South southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. East southeast wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tippecanoe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE