Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 20 G 23 mph
- Barometer29.76 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
- Wind Chill-6°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Hallock Municipal Airport (KHCO)
Lat: 48.79 Lon: -96.95 Elev: 820ft.
Lake Bronson MN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow with patchy blowing snow before 2am, then snow likely between 2am and 3am, then patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow after 3am. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -18. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -21. West northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -25. West northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. West northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -20.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Monday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -6.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -5.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kittson County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE