Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport (KMPO)
Lat: 41.14 Lon: -75.38 Elev: 1916ft.
Lake Harmony PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 20. West wind around 14 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 26. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 4am, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carbon County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE