Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1030.8 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
Lake Zurich IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -10. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -21. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -17. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. West southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE