Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.59 in (1037.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02 Lon: -95.22 Elev: 833ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values between -2 and -7. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 19. Wind chill values between -8 and 2. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values between zero and 8. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 24. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE