Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWM)
Lat: 42.73 Lon: -71.12 Elev: 151ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow showers before 9am, then a slight chance of snow after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 19. Northeast wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE