Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 14 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1030.0 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Rolla National Airport (KVIH)
Lat: 38.14 Lon: -91.77 Elev: 1102ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 3pm, then rain and sleet likely between 3pm and 5pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 36. South wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Occasional freezing rain and sleet before midnight, then occasional snow and sleet. Low around 29. South wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 36. Light west wind becoming northwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Crawford County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE