Late-season winter storm for central Appalachins and mid-Atlantic through Monday
A storm system tracking across the Deep South will draw moisture northward into unseasonable cold air across the Ohio Valley, central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic setting the stage for late-season snow. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect across this region through Monday. Hazardous travel is expected overnight into Monday when roads will be snow-covered.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow and Windy
- Wind SpeedNE 28 G 37 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1012.5 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05°N Lon: 84.6°W Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 25. Blustery, with a northeast wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE