Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1029.1 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 41. Wind chill values as low as 10. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely before 10pm, then snow likely between 10pm and 1am, then rain and snow after 1am. Low around 32. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 41. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE