Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 12 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1034.1 mb)
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Lees Summit (KLXT)
Lat: 38.96 Lon: -94.37 Elev: 1004ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Snow before noon, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. High near 27. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming southwest in the evening.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lafayette County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE