Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
- Barometer30.16 in
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of rain and snow before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain and sleet between 2pm and 3pm, then a slight chance of rain after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Northeast wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockbridge, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE