Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 14 mph
- Barometer29.80 in (1008.6 mb)
- Dewpoint56°F (13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A slight chance of showers between midnight and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Showers and thunderstorms likely before 9am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 9am and 1pm, then periods of showers after 1pm. Temperature falling to around 48 by 5pm. Southwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 36. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain. High near 36. North wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then a slight chance of snow between 2am and 4am. Low around 22. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain after 1am. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain. High near 35. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Sunny and cold, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE