Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
- Wind SpeedSW 8 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.85 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / Waukegan, Waukegan Regional Airport (KUGN)
Lat: 42.42 Lon: -87.87 Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of flurries before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -9. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE