Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 18 G 32 mph
- Barometer29.78 in (1009.7 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / Waukegan, Waukegan Regional Airport (KUGN)
Lat: 42.42°N Lon: 87.87°W Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow before 9am, then patchy blowing snow after 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 23 by 3pm. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 11. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow between 8am and 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE